Evaluation reporting is the final stage of our granting process and is a condition of all grants. It is our job to work with donors and match their interests with the causes that matter, and through your feedback, we learn more about the ingredients for project success. This is the information that inspires our donors and helps both your organization and ours meet our common goal of service to the community.
If your organization received a grant for one of the programs listed below, your evaluation date may be coming up. Please review your grant agreement for details and download the evaluation form that you require.
GCF Grant Evaluation (MSWord)
GCF Grant Evaluation (PDF)
2] Children & Youth Summer Camp Grant Program
1] Community Grants and Musagetes Grants Program
Grants from The Guelph Community Foundation are made possible by generous donors who have contributed funds to support local projects and initiatives. Public recognition of the grant acknowledges all donors who contribute to The Foundation and it educates the general public about initiatives that are happening in the community.
The type of recognition you are able to provide will depend upon the nature of your project and organization, but should include some or all of the following:
1. Logo and Language
Logo: Acknowledge the support of your grant through the use of our logo on any materials printed or distributed electronically. The following Guelph Community Foundation logo formats are available for download (please do not alter the colour, or distort, stretch or tilt the logo in any of the formats):
If you have received a grant from The Guelph Community Foundations Musagetes Fund, please use the following logo: GCF Musagetes Logo JPG
Language (to accompany the logo): “This project was funded (or funded in part) by a grant from The Guelph Community Foundation”.
2. Website Link/Social Media:
Provide a link to our website guelphcf.ca
and tag us using our Twitter handle @GuelphCF
3. Announcements: Include news of your grant in various publications that your organization produces, such as newsletters or annual reports. When describing The Guelph Community Foundation in any public information, you may use the following summary:
The Guelph Community Foundation is a charitable public foundation whose purpose is to provide leadership in community philanthropy and enhance the quality of life for the citizens of Guelph and surrounding areas. The Foundation pools the charitable gifts of donors into permanent, interest earning endowments. The income from the endowments supports a range of charitable programs and activities. Currently, the Foundation administers $14.4 million in funds with $10.4 million in permanent endowed assets. Since inception, $5.4 million has been distributed to more than 950 charitable programs. For more information on how you can invest for community impact, please visit guelphcf.ca.
4. Media Communications: Contact local media through a media release, email or a personal phone call. While The Foundation will publicize grants through our own media relations activities, it is the actual projects (your story) that our grantees are working on that is of most interest to the media. Advise us (in advance) of your plans to hold a media event.
5. Stories & Photos: Digital photographs, videos, testimonials and stories help us promote the benefit(s) of your program to the community. Privacy is very important to us, so please ensure you receive permission from all participants before releasing this information to us.
6. Send a thank you card to the Foundation. A hand written card thanking the identified Fund in your grant agreement is a great way to give recognition. Please address all cards to the Foundation and we will pass them onto the correct donor or Fundholder on your behalf.
how does this benefit your organization
~ You receive positive attention for the work you are doing;
~ By recognizing The Foundation and its donors, you are in fact ‘thanking’ our generous supporters as well as raising awareness of the value of giving back to the community;
~ Identifying The Foundation as a source of support lends further credibility to your efforts;
~ Other not-for-profits learn about The Foundation's grant programs and are encouraged to contact us for support.