The Guelph Community Foundation
About Community Foundations
Why a Foundation?
Starting a Fund
Ways to Give
Reporting & Recognition
Charitable Endowment Funds
How we help you
Ways to Give
Resources & Tools
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Reports & Videos
Community Impact Video Stories
Random Act of Kindness Day
Canada's 150th Community Fund
Support Our Community Fund
Community Grants Application
Community Grants Program Application Form
2019 Community Grants Application Program
As we continue to streamline our funding process for charitable organizations we are pleased to provide our on-line
grant application below. All applications are due:
Friday, July 19, 2019 (at 4:00 pm sharp)
. Note that in 2019 we have a reduced pool of funds available to grant. We are asking that applications keep funding requests between $1000.00 and $5000.00
Please read the following BEFORE you begin:
1. Are you eligible? Each grant program has its own set of criteria for eligibility, so please ensure you have read the general guidelines for this program.
2. Read the entire application form first and be prepared to complete the application in
Make sure you have enough time, a
lthough robust and powerful, it will
save or allow you to complete the form later, and we cannot accept partial applications.
3. You must tab through the form (the enter key will
take you to the next question).
4. All attachments must be in
PDF format and each attachment must be less than 1MB, check the size of your documents and reduce if neccessary.
5. To save time, use copy and paste functionality to copy information from other documents where text fields are offered. Please keep your answers honest and transparent.
6. Use consistent language, be direct and to the point. Please also proof read your appplication before submitting.
7. You will receive an email confirming that have received your application (with supporting attachments) within
1 business day. If you do not receive this message, please contact our office.
Your time is valuable and it is our goal to make the grant application process as efficient and simple as possible. If you have any questions or feedback, please contact us at 519-821-9216 or
Part A: General Information
Charitable Registration #:
Street Address (if different from above):
Contact Person Name:
Contact Person Title
Organization's Date of Incorporation:
Number of Full-time Employees:
Number of Part-time Employees:
Number of Volunteers:
Project Name (for this request):
Area of Vital Signs Focus:
(please select only one category) -- choose the sector that this application most supports)
Leisure, Culture and Recreation
Sustainable Development Goals - The SDG's are universal and connect cities and towns all across the world. For Guelph and Wellington County they help us connect our efforts locally to create change as part of a bigger picture. Statistics Canada now tracks and aligns their data with SDG's and these are used in our Vital Signs reporting.
(please select one that most fits your application)
Good Health and Well-Being
Clean Water and Sanitation
Affordable and Clean Energy
Decent Work and Economic Growth
Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
Sustainable Cities and Communities
Responsible Consumption and Production
Life below Water
Life on Land
Peace and Justice Strong Institutions
Partnerships for the Goals
Part B: Organization Background
1. Briefly state your organization's vision and mission (max 400 characters):
2. Please provide a brief overview of the services provided by your organization:
3. What are your organization's goals for this current year (max 400 characters):
Part C: Proposal Summary
1. Briefly describe the proposal for which you are requesting funds in 100 words or less:
(please write for a public audience, if approved, this summary may be used for donors and on Twitter)
2. Is this project new or existing?
3. What is the project start date?
(Note: The project cannot commence before a grant is approved. Funding is not retroactive as per eligibility criteria.)
What is the project completion date?
4. Tell us why you are best suited to apply for the proposed project and how you will
work with your partners and our community specifically related to this initiative:
5. How does this project fit within the overall vision and mission of your organization?
6. How does the project demonstrate a creative or innovative approach to addressing the need identified?
7. Clearly describe the target population or community to be served by this application (include numbers benefited or served):
8. What are the strengths and expertise of your organization to undertake this project?
(include those of staff and volunteers)
9. What are the measurable short-term outcomes or goals and how will they be measured and evaluated?
10.a) If there are project partners, please identify who they are and the role that they will play:
10.b) Please confirm all partners are fully aware of project/proposal submission.
10.c) Attach a Letter of Support for any project partners.
11. Have you applied to other funder(s) to cover the costs of this project?
If so, please identify the funder, the amount of request and how the funds would be used.
12. If full funding is not secured for this project, what are your plans for this initiative to continue?
13. What aspects of this initiative do you plan to sustain once The Guelph Community Foundation funding ends? How will you make this happen?
14. Who else in our community is doing similar work? Have you connected with them? What value does your project add or support?
15. In addition to the funds you are requesting, how else might we support you in achieving your goals (i.e. connecting you to other funders, other charities doing similar work, office space or volunteers)?
16. Project Budget (upload PDF)
-The project budget is in addition to submitting your current operating budget (requested in next question).
-We encourage the use of other revenue sources (including in-kind).
-In-kind contributions are to be identified with an * (support that does not involve direct dollar contributions such as the cash equivalent for donated materials or a person's donated time).
The Foundation can support your organization's general overhead & administration expenses up to 10% of the project budget (i.e. if grant request is $1000, the request may include an additional admin expense of $100).
Download a sample budget.
17. Attach the following documents in a PDF format (each doc must be smaller than 1000 KB/1 MB):
Uploads may take a few minutes and we thank you for your patience!
List of Board of Directors (PDF)
Most Recent Audited Financial Statements (PDF)
Current Operating Budget
Part D: Declaration & Submission
We hereby make application for a grant from The Guelph Community Foundation and declare that the information provided in the application form and all required attachments are complete with no misrepresentation. We authorize the Foundation to make any inquiries it deems necessary to verify the information.
I agree and understand these terms and conditions
I do not agree nor understand
We certify that this application has official approval from the organization's Board of Directors and CEO/senior staff person.
Please state your name and title:
If you have completed the application form IN FULL, you may now press the SUBMIT button below. Uploading the information may take a few minutes. IF submitted successfully, you will receive a THANK YOU message. If you do not receive a thank you message please check the size of your attachments (the most common issue is uploading attachments larger than 1000 KB/1MB). To correct this, reduce the size of your document and choose the smaller PDF file, then click SUBMIT again. Please note that ALL of your attachments will need to be readded to the form.
Enter the code shown above
Also send me a copy
The Guelph Community Foundation
PO Box 1311, Guelph, ON N1H 6N6
ph: 519.821.9216 |
Registered Charitable # 86 727 8350 RR0001