The Guelph Community Foundation
About Community Foundations
Why a Foundation?
Starting a Fund
Ways to Give
Reporting & Recognition
Charitable Endowment Funds
How we help you
Ways to Give
Resources & Tools
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Reports & Videos
Community Impact Video Stories
Random Act of Kindness Day
Canada's 150th Community Fund
Support Our Community Fund
Community Grants Application
Community Grants Program Application Form
2018 Community Grants Application Program
As we strive to improve our funding process for our charitable organizations and reduce our paper consumption, we are pleased to provide our
grant application below. Application deadline:
Friday, July 20, 2018 (4:00 pm)
Please read the following BEFORE you begin:
Are you eligible?
Each grant program has its own set of criteria for eligibility, so please ensure you have read the
for this program.
all of the questions below and be prepared to complete the application
Make sure you have enough time, a
lthough robust and powerful, it will
'save' or allow you to complete the form later, and we cannot accept partial applications.
through the form (the enter key will
take you to the next question).
~All attachments must be in
format and each uploaded attachment must be
1000 KB (= 1MB), therefore check the
of your documents and reduce if neccessary.
~To save time, use
opy and paste
functionality to copy information from other documents where
fields are offered.
~You will receive an email confirming that we have received your application (with supporting attachments) within
2-3 business days
. If you do not receive this message, please contact our office. We thank you in advance for this extra follow-up.
Your time is valuable and it is our goal to make the grant application process as efficient and simple as possible. If you have any questions or feedback, please contact us at 519-821-9216 or
Part A: General Information
Charitable Registration #:
Street Address (if different from above):
Contact Person Name:
Contact Person Title
Organization's Date of Incorporation:
Number of Full-time Employees:
Number of Part-time Employees:
Number of Volunteers:
Project Name (for this request):
Area of Funding Interest:
(please select one or more) -- choose the sector that this application most likely supports)
Leisure, Culture and Recreation
Secondary Area of Funding Interest:
(please select one if applicable)
Good Health and Well-Being
Clean Water and Sanitation
Affordable and Clean Energy
Decent Work and Economic Growth
Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
Sustainable Cities and Communities
Responsible Consumption and Production
Life below Water
Life on Land
Peace and Justice Strong Institutions
Partnerships for the Goals
Part B: Organization Background
1. Briefly state your organization's mission statement or mandate:
2. Please provide a brief overview of the programs and services provided by your organization:
3. What are the organization's goals for this current year:
Part C: Proposal Summary
1. Briefly describe the proposal for which you are requesting funds in 100 words or less:
(please write for a public audience, if approved, this summary may be used for donors and our website)
2. Is this project new or existing?
3. What is the project start date?
(Note: The project cannot commence before a grant is approved. Funding is not retroactive as per eligibility criteria.)
What is the project completion date?
4. Tell us why you are best suited to do the proposed project and how you will
work with your partners and your community specifically related to this initiative:
5. How does your project fit within the overall mandate of your organization?
6. How does the project demonstrate an initiative or creative approach to addressing the need identified?
7. Clearly describe the target population or target community to be served by this application (include numbers benefited or served):
8. What are the resources and expertise of your organization to undertake the project?
(include those of staff and volunteers)
9. What are the measurable short-term outcomes and how will they be measured and evaluated?
10.a) If there are project partners, please identify who they are and the role that they will play:
10.b) Please confirm all partners are fully aware of project/proposal submission.
10.c) Attach a Letter of Support for any project partners.
11. Have you applied to any other funder(s) to cover the costs of this project?
If so, please identify the funder and the amount of request.
12. If full funding is not secured for this project, what are your plans for this initiative to continue?
13. What aspects of this initiative do you plan to sustain once The Guelph Community Foundation funding ends? How will you make this happen?
14. Who else in the community is doing something similar? Have you coordinated with them? What value does your project add?
15. In addition to the funds you are requesting, how else might The Foundation support you in achieving your goals?
16. Project Budget (upload PDF)
-The project budget is in addition to submitting your current operating budget (requested in next question).
-We encourage the use of other revenue sources (including in-kind).
-In-kind contributions are to be identified with an * (support that does not involve direct dollar contributions such as the cash equivalent for donated materials or a person's donated time).
The Foundation can support your organization's general overhead & administration expenses up to 10% of the project budget (i.e. if grant request is $1000, the request may include an additional admin expense of $100).
Download a sample budget.
17. Attach the following documents in a PDF format (each doc must be smaller than 1000 KB/1 MB):
Uploads may take a few minutes and we thank you for your patience!
List of Board of Directors (PDF)
Most Recent Audited Financial Statements (PDF)
Current Operating Budget
Part D: Declaration & Submission
We hereby make application for a grant from The Guelph Community Foundation and declare that the information provided in the application form and all required attachments are complete with no misrepresentation. We authorize the Foundation to make any inquiries it deems necessary to verify the information.
I agree and understand these terms and conditions
I do not agree nor understand
We certify that this application has official approval from the organization's Board of Directors and CEO/senior staff person.
Please state your name and title:
If you have completed the application form IN FULL, you may now press the SUBMIT button below. Uploading the information may take a few minutes. IF submitted successfully, you will receive a THANK YOU message. If you do not receive a thank you message please check the size of your attachments (the most common issue is uploading attachments larger than 1000 KB/1MB). To correct this, reduce the size of your document and choose the smaller PDF file, then click SUBMIT again. Please note that ALL of your attachments will need to be readded to the form.
Enter the code shown above
Also send me a copy
The Guelph Community Foundation
46 Cork Street East, Guelph, ON N1H 2W8
ph: 519.821.9216 | fx: 519.821.6525 |
Registered Charitable # 86 727 8350 RR0001
© 2015 The Guelph Community Foundation