The Guelph Community Foundation provides funding grants that promote and support community initiatives and non-profit charitable organizations. We bring local knowledge, experience and a network of community relationships to our grant making.
To ensure you do not miss a funding opportunity, we encourage organizations to subscribe to our
We invite charitable organizations to apply for grants
to the following grant programs listed below. Please read the application guidelines
to ensure that your organization qualifies for the programs being offered – each program has specific criteria.
Please note - if you have any outstanding grant evaluations, you are ineligible for future funding until all requirements of past grants have been fulfilled.
1) 2020 Children & Youth Summer Camp Program - will open February 1 - applications due by February 29
The Children & Youth Summer Camp Program provides grants (financial support) to charities operating camps that help children and youth from financially disadvantaged families participate in the summer camp experience. This grant is supported by several funds held at The Guelph Community Foundation, including the Bonnie Ewen Fund and Camp Discover Fund. If approved, grants typically range between $500 to $3,000.
Camp Application Guidelines
The Foundation will consider applications for support from camps that are operated by local not-for-profit organizations with a charitable registration number, and:
- have a process in place to determine financial need;
- provide day or overnight camping opportunities to children who reside in Guelph and surrounding communities and who are in need of financial assistance;
- serve children from the community-at-large;
- and/or serve children with special needs, or who are disadvantaged, or who are vulnerable because of their life circumstances (for example, physical or mental challenges, major illness, survivors or witness of violence)
2) 2020 Musagetes Grant Program - will open March 1 - all applications due by March 31
The Musagetes Fund is a donor advised fund within The Guelph Community Foundation. Each year the fund looks for different types of projects, programs or activities that strenthen community through the arts. For 2020, the Musagetes Fund is particularly interested in projects that bring new approaches to building community and culture, making the arts more central and meaningful in people’s lives.
Note that art therapy projects will not be considered.
3) 2020 Scholarship & Bursary Awards
Through our scholarships and bursary program, we support continuing education, training and provide financial assistance for post secondary education.
For most GCF scholarships and bursaries, the selection process is managed directly by the educational institution. Students are nominated by their high school or university and the grant is provided to the educational institution, that in turn, goes to the student. Award availability may vary from year to year, contact your school for more information. Please call us if you are looking for specific scholarship and bursary programs.
4) 2020 Community Grants - will open May 1 - all applications due by May 31
In 2020, the granting criteria for charitable organizations seeking funding will create and submit an application that meets both
of the following:
- Is categorized under one of the following areas, as highlighted in our 2018 Vital Signs report:
- Community Vitality
- Leisure, Culture and Recreation
- Connects to one (1) of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as outlined on page 22 of our Guelph & Wellington County Vital Signs report. The SDGs are ranked in order of importance, according to this international framework for local responsibility. To view an electronic copy of the Guelph & Wellington County Vital Signs report that outlines these categories please click here.
- Funding requests are a maximum of $5000.00 per project application