The Guelph Community Foundation provides grants that promote and support community initiatives and non-profit charitable organizations. We bring local knowledge, experience and a network of community relationships to our grant making. We are able to see
To ensure you do not miss a funding opportunity, we encourage organizations to subscribe to our Twitter feed. Are you eligible for grants? Learn more by reading our
We invite charitable organizations to apply for grants
to the following grant programs listed below. Please read the application guidelines
to ensure that your organization qualifies for the programs being offered – as each program has specific criteria.
1) 2019 Children & Youth Summer Camp Program - Now Open!
To apply for 2019 Kids to Camp Grants, please click here.
The Children & Youth Summer Camp Program provides grants (financial support) to organizations operating camps that help children and youth from financially disadvantaged families participate in the summer camp experience. This grant is supported by several funds held at The Guelph Community Foundation, including the Bonnie Ewen Fund, and Camp Discover Fund. If approved, grants typically range between $500 to $3,000.
Camp Application Guidelines
The Foundation will consider applications for support from camps that are operated by local not-for-profit organizations with a charitable registration number, and:
To view the list of recipients for the summer of 2018 please click here.
- have a process in place to determine financial need;
- provide day or overnight camping opportunities to children who reside in Guelph and surrounding communities and who are in need of financial assistance;
- serve children from the community-at-large;
- and/or serve children with special needs, or who are disadvantaged, or who are vulnerable because of their life circumstances (for example, physical or mental challenges, major illness, survivors or witness of violence).
2) 2019 Scholarship & Bursary Awards
Through our scholarships and bursary program, The Guelph Community Foundation (GCF) supports continuing education, training of promising students, and financial assistance for post secondary education.
For most GCF scholarships and bursaries, the selection process is managed directly by the educational institution.
Students are nominated by their institution and the grant is given to the educational institution, that in turn, gives it to the student. A list of all GCF awards and scholarship funds appears in our Report to the Community each year. Award availability may vary from year to year.
3) 2019 Community Grants - Opens June, 2019
Community Grants Application Criteria
In 2019, the granting criteria for charitable organizations seeking funding will create and submit an application that meets both
of the following:
Collaborative efforts with one or more additional partner is encouraged
- Is categorized under one of the following areas, as highlighted in the 2018 Guelph & Wellington County Vital Signs report:
- Community Vitality
- Leisure, Culture and Recreation
- Connects to one of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as outlined on page 22 of the Guelph & Wellington County Vital Signs report. The SDGs are ranked in order of importance, according to this international framework for local responsibility.
. To view an electronic copy of the Guelph & Wellington County Vital Signs report that outlines these categories please click here
Our 2018 Community Grants recipients can be found here
4) 2019 Musagetes Grant Program - Opens June, 2019
Musagetes Application Criteria
For 2019, The Musagetes Fund goal is to make arts more central and meaningful in people's lives. We are looking for innovative and bold projects that help with new approaches to building community and culture. Application cover letter must outline how your project will support and advance social justice and enivornmental resilience. To read the complete 2019 Musagetes Fund guidelines and requirements, please click here.
To apply for 2019 Musagetes Grants
online, please click here.
Congratulations to our 2018 Musagetes Grant Recipients! To view a list of recipients click here
The Musagetes Fund is a donor advised fund
within The Guelph Community Foundation. Each year the fund looks for different types of projects, programs or activities that strenthen community through the arts. For 2018, the Musagetes Fund was interested in organizations that engage a community-based partner with a connection to social justice, environmental resilience and/or intercultural relationships.